Spend three hours around Shibuya eating like a local, enjoying the authentic atmosphere and food which lies just under the surface of Japan's most fashionable area.
Shibuya Street Food Tour
If you've got an image of Tokyo in mind it's probably of Shibuya, with its famous crossing overlooked by enormous, colourful screens. It's an area bursting with energy, and one known as the nucleus of Japan's ever vibrant and surprising youth fashion and culture scene.
But dig a little deeper and there's much more to this bustling centre than its fashionista flair. Avoid the tourist traps, and see the side of Shibuya that only locals see, where you'll be served the food that normally only locals eat. Touring the back streets, we'll take you into a little speakeasy for a drink as a warm-up, after which you'll visit 5 different street food stalls, each one more unassuming than the last, but each with delicious delicacies sure to leave a lasting memory of Japan.
Over three delicious hours you'll try kobe beef, kansai takoyaki okonomiyaki, and different types of sushi (of course!), all in an authentic environment. And the tour ends in one of Japan's famous "depachika" - the basement food halls of department stalls where nothing is quite as it seems - what looks like shrimp is really marzipan! Fruit comes presented as though it were jewellery, with seasonal ingredients showcased with typical Japanese attention to detail. A true immersion in local culinary culture!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children (3-12)||Children under 3|
|Street Food Tour||
Street Food Tour
Children (3-12)US$ 82
Children under 3Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking expert guide.
10 different Japanese dishes at 5 different stops.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.