Museums and galleries
Some of the other popular museums in the city are as follows:
- Shitamachi Museum: (2-1 Ueno-koen, Taito-ku): Little museum with reconstructions of houses and shops from the Meiji period.
- Nacional Museum of Western Art: (7-7 Ueno-koen, Taito-ku).
- National Museum of Nature and Science: (7-20 Ueno-koen, Taito-ku).
- Museum of Calligraphy: (2-10-4 Negishi, Taito-ku).
- Tokyo Metropolitan Art Gallery: (8-36 Ueno-koen, Taito-ku).
- National Museum of Modern Art: (3-1 Kitanomaru-koen, Chiyoda-ku).
- Metropolitan Museum of Photography: (1-13-3 Yebisu Garden Place, Mita, Meguro-ku).
- Museum of Contemporary Art: (4-1-1 Miyoshi, Kouto-ku).
- Metro Museum: (6-3-1, Higashi-kasai, Edogawa-ku).
- Museum of Maritime Science: (3-1 Higashi-yashio, Shinagawa-ku).
If you're into museums, this pass is essential. For just 2,000 yen you'll get either free access, or a discount on the majority of museums in Tokyo. You can see the full list here.
You can get the pass in any of the places associated with the pass or in shops such as Seven Eleven, Family Mart of Lawson.