Visit the world's largest fish market on this tour of the Tsukiji district in Tokyo where you'll get to taste fresh fish and even enjoy a delicious traditional meal.
Tsukiji Fish Market Tour
We'll meet at 11 am at Tsukiji Station to visit what was once the largest fish market in the world.
We'll start our tour around the old marketplace by visiting a small Zionist shrine and the Tsukiji Hongan-ji Buddhist temple, which dates back to the 17th century.
Then we'll start to explore the streets that formerly housed the Tsukiji Market. Today, the large fish market is on the nearby island of Toyosu, but many famous fish shops have remained in the streets of Tsukiji.
During the tour we'll get to taste oysters and other local fresh fish products. We'll even go into one of the restaurants to enjoy some delicious donburi, a traditional Japanese dish of fish meat and vegetables.
Afterwards, we'll go up to an observatory where we can enjoy spectacular panoramic views of the area. Our tour will finish at 2 pm back at the starting point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 20% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 3 years old|
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).