Discover one of the most famous places in Tokyo with this visit to the Sensoji Temple. You'll have the opportunity to see all its different halls, see the traditional objects from Buddhist culture and admire the largest paper lamp in all Japan, suspended above the window of the sanctuary. Fall in love with Japanese culture!
Sensoji Temple Tour
The visit begins at the tourist information office at Tokio: 2-18-9 Kaminarimon, where we'll meet our guide. From here, the very heart of the Asakusa district, we'll make our way to the Sensoji temple: the oldest Buddhist temple in Tokyo. Built in honour of the god Kannon, since its construction in 628 it's been known as a place filled with mysteries.
During the visit, we'll cross the main entrance arch, known as the “Nakamise-dôri” and see any number of traditional items, all the while with a guide explaining their relevance and role in the day to day life of this most important of temples. And you will, of course, see the Kaminari-mon or 'Thunder' gate, from which an enormous paper lantern is suspended, dramatically painted in reds and blacks to represent lightning and thunderclouds: the largest paper lamp in Tokyo.
As wel as seeing the interior of Sensoji, you'll have the opportunity to see the imposing five floored pagoda and the Japanese garden, with its beautiful artificial lake: a truly unmissable visit for any tourist in Tokyo!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 80% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 12|
Children under 12Free
1 hour 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the temple (free).
Transport to the temple.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Tokyo).
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Tourist Information Office 2-18-9 Kaminarimon