On this tour we'll visit two of the most interesting places found on the outskirts of Tokyo: Kamakura, know for its Grand Buddha and Yokohama, one of Japan's most modern cities.
Kamakura Day Trip + Yokahama
Having picked you up from your hotel first thing in the morning, we'll make our way to the station to take the train to Kamakura.
Once there we'll visit the Grand Buddha which, at 13.5 metres tall and 93 tonnes, is the second largest statue of the Buddha in Japan.
Having visited the Grand Buddha you'll have free time to eat in one of the local restaurants then, fuelled up for the second leg of the day trip, we'll take the train which only a few minutes later drops us off in Yokahama.
In Yokohama, we'll see its Chinatown, the largest and most important in the world, and even climb the Yokohama Landmark Tower, Japan's second tallest building. Taking the 40-second ride to the 69th floor 'Sky Garden' you'll enjoy a 360-degree view of what is Japan's second most populous city, and on clear days you can even see the majestic Mount Fuji in the distance.
The tour then ends in Tokyo around 5 pm.
- Although it is possible to take this tour on any day of the week, be aware that on the weekend local tourism makes the site very busy.
- Please bring cash in yen, to pay any additional costs.
- Train tickets are not included in the price. If you have the Japan Rail Pass they cost 2,500 yen per adult, if not the price is 4,000 yen.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 5 people||Up to 10 people||Up to 15 people|
Up to 5 peopleUS$ 435
Up to 10 peopleUS$ 485.60
Up to 15 peopleUS$ 607
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up.
Official English speaking guide during the tour.
Transport and tickets (4,000 yen per adult, 2,500 if you have the Japan Rail Pass).
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Do you have any questions?
Find answers to our most If you have any other questions please contact us.