Immerse yourself in Tokyo's ancient history with this fantastic guided tour of the fascinating Asakusa district. You will discover a corner of the city filled with Japanese tradition and ancient temples.
Asakusa Guided Tour
We will meet up at 11 a.m next to the police station on Kaminarimon-dori Street to begin a walking tour of Asakusa, one of Tokyo's most traditional and historic neighborhoods.
We will start the tour in the most traditional way possible with a brilliant rickshaw ride! After the trip, we will visit Sensoji Temple, the oldest and most important Buddhist sanctuary in the capital of Japan. Nearby, Nakamise Street awaits us, with more than 300 years of history. Here on this popular commercial boulevard, we will also enjoy a delicious tasting of Japanese food.
Then we will pass along Kappabashi Street, where you will encounter many stalls filled with kitchen utensils.
Just as you begin to feel the pangs of hunger, we will walk through the alleyways to a restaurant where we'll discover how monjayaki, a typical Japanese batter, is made. You can also try the final product or delicious okonomiyaki accompanied by a drink.
Our tour ends at 2 pm on Hoppy Street.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 20% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 15 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children from 4 to 15 years oldUS$ 67
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
Snacks and meal.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (11:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).